How to Rent a Porta Potty for Job SiteBy My Service Depot on Monday, August 15, 2022
If Your Job Site Doesn’t Have Access to Traditional Plumbing, You May Need a Porta Potty. Learn What You Need to Know About Renting or Buying One.
Do you ever see a Porta Potty (also known as a Porta-John) and wonder why it’s there, how did it get there, and who cleans that thing? I have gone many years without thinking anything of it, but if your are in the field service industry these may be questions you need the answers to. If you have a job site, the chances are that you could benefit from having one of these handy restrooms around. Like me, maybe you thought you would never need to know anything about them (until you do)!
This blog will go over some basic Porta Potty knowledge and offer some tips on how to keep them maintained and clean. If you aren’t sure where to start, have no fear, we will introduce you to some industry leading companies that offer Porta Potty rentals for jobsites, events, and more!
What is a Porta Potty and How Does it Work
A Porta Potty is a portable toilet that can be used on job sites or for other events where there is no access to traditional plumbing. They are typically made from plastic or metal and have a holding tank for waste. Some models also have a sink with running water.
Porta Potties are a common sight on job sites and at public events. While they may seem like simple structures, there is a lot of engineering that goes into making them function properly. Each Porta Potty is equipped with a holding tank that stores waste until it can be disposed of.
The tank is typically emptied by a service technician who comes to the site regularly. This service is essential to maintain the cleanliness of the unit and prevent odors. To keep the tank from becoming too full, some Porta Potties are also equipped with a flush system that uses water to flush the waste down into the holding tank. This flush system is activated by a foot pedal, and it uses a small amount of water each time it is used. As a result, Porta Potties are quite efficient in their use of water.
A Porta Potty is Something Many Job Sites Need
Porta Potties are a vital service that helps to keep job sites sanitary and safe for workers. Without Porta Potties, workers would be forced to use unsanitary conditions that could lead to illness and disease.
What to Know Before Purchasing or Renting
If you’re working on a construction site or other job site, you know that having a Porta Potty on hand is essential. But what do you need to know to rent a Porta Potty? Here are a few tips:
First, you’ll need to decide how many Porta Potties you’ll need. This will depend on the size of your job site and the number of workers you have. Once you have a rough estimate, you can start shopping around for rental companies.
Next, you’ll need to figure out where you want to place the Porta Potties. You’ll want to consider things like traffic flow and accessibility when making your decision. Once you’ve chosen a spot, mark it off so that the rental company knows where to deliver the Porta Potties.
Finally, make sure you’re familiar with the rental agreement. Read over the contract carefully so that you understand all of the terms and conditions. If there’s anything you’re not sure about, be sure to ask the rental company for clarification.
Following these simple tips will help ensure that renting Porta Potties goes smoothly for both you and the rental company.
Suppliers in Columbus, Ohio
There are many different suppliers in the Columbus, Ohio area. A few of these local companies include:
At first glance, Miller Portables has possibly the most presentable website out of these four. With the opening page having several pictures that include an attached description of the services they provide. The whole website has a very friendly vibe that aims to be relatable to its customers. They offer restroom trailers that are a perfect fit for weddings. They also offer service for events like fairs and festivals. If you run a construction site, they offer long term monthly units.
Columbus Porta Potty has a very short and basic presentation on its website, with a simple picture showcase of all their services. They rent Porta Potties for events and construction projects in the greater Columbus area. Some of their products include standard, deluxe, and wheelchair accessible Porta Potties. They also have luxury trailers and hand washing stations.
United Rentals has a very straightforward website with a long list of every portable restroom they have to offer. They also provide an option for a quote on all the portable restrooms, along with other services and contact information at the bottom of the website. United Rentals offers a wide range of reliable portable toilet rentals for your next event, industrial jobsite, construction project or temporary location. They have something for all of your bathroom needs, including deluxe Porta Potty rentals and ADA-compliant Porta Potties. Their offerings are customizable, and their Porta Potty rental options are available with accessories like mirrors, in-unit hand sanitizer pumps and waste holding tanks.
“Rent-A-John Portable Sanitation is a local – family-owned business that was started in 1957. With 60 plus years of experience, we have products and staff to service all of your needs on a Construction Site or Special Event.” Rent-A-John prides themselves on quick and quality service. They commit to their customers and pledge that if any special needs arise, that they can respond anytime of the day. Their products include single units, multiple units, flushable trailers, hand washing stations, specialized equipment, and storage containers.
When you’re ready to rent a Porta Potty, keep these companies in mind. With a little planning, you can ensure that your job site or event has the clean and reliable sanitation it needs. Each company has different rental rates and terms, so be sure to shop around to find the best deal.
How to Maintain a Porta Potty
Porta Potties are an essential part of any construction or job site. They provide a clean, private place for workers to take care of their personal needs. Cleaning and caring for a Porta Potty may not be the most glamorous of tasks, but keeping them clean is important, both for the health of the workers and the image of the company. By taking the time to clean and disinfect your Porta Potties regularly, you can also help to prevent the spread of disease. Here are some tips for cleaning a Porta Potty:
- Service them regularly. This means emptying and refilling the tank, as well as cleaning the inside of the unit. Depending on how often the Porta Potty is used, you may need to empty it once a week or more.
- Use a high-pressure washer to remove any build-up on the outside of the unit.
- Keep them stocked with supplies, including toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and trash bags.
- Encourage users to report any problems. If there is an excessive build-up of waste or other debris, it will be more difficult to keep the Porta Potty smelling fresh.
- Disinfect the surfaces of the Porta Potty with a chlorine-based cleaner. Be sure to pay special attention to the flush handle, seat, and lid.
- After each use, sprinkle some fresh water into the bowl to prevent waste from sticking to the sides.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your Porta Potty remains a clean and pleasant place for everyone who uses it.
The Cost of Renting vs Buying
Are you wondering whether you should rent or buy a Porta Potty? There are several factors to consider when making your decision, including cost, convenience, and availability.
Renting a Porta Potty typically costs between $50 and $100 per month. Buying a Porta Potty, on the other hand, typically costs between $1,500 and $2,500. Thus, if you only need a Porta Potty for a short period, renting may be the more cost-effective option.
Another factor to consider is convenience. When you rent a Porta Potty, it will be delivered to your doorstep and picked up when you’re finished with it. If you buy a Porta Potty, you’ll have to find a place to store it when you’re not using it. Additionally, you’ll need to empty and clean it yourself. This can be a messy and time-consuming task.
Finally, consider availability. If you live in an area where there is a shortage of Porta Potties, it may be difficult to find one to rent or buy. However, if you’re willing to purchase a Porta Potty outright, you may be able to find one for sale
How to Remove a Porta Potty After Use
Porta Potties are a great addition to any event, providing much-needed relief for guests. But when the event is over or the jobsite is finishing up, they can also be a huge pain to remove. If you’re faced with the task of removing a Porta Potty after use, there are a few things you can do to make the process go more smoothly.
- First, make sure to wear gloves and old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Second, you will need to empty the contents of the Porta Potty. To do this, open the door and using a garden hose, flush the waste down the toilet.
- Next, you will need to disinfect the Porta Potty. To do this, mix a solution of bleach and water, and using a sponge, wipe down the entire interior of the unit.
- Then, disassemble the Porta Potty as much as possible in order to make moving it much easier.
- Finally, scrub down the outside with disinfectant wipes or a mild bleach solution. Once the Porta Potty has been cleaned and disinfected, it is now ready to be removed. To do this, simply detach the unit from its base. It can then be lifted up and carried to your vehicle.
With a little bit of care and effort, removing a Porta Potty is a relatively easy task. By following these simple steps, you can quickly and easily remove a Porta Potty after use.
Benefits of Renting a Porta Potty
While most people only think of them as a last resort when it comes to bathroom facilities, Porta Potties offer several benefits.
- More sanitary than traditional outhouses. This is because they are constructed with durable materials that are easy to clean and disinfect.
- Have sealed tanks that prevent waste from seeping into the ground. As a result, they are much less likely to contaminate local water sources.
- More efficient than traditional outhouses. This is because they do not require the use of water for flushing. As a result, they can save a significant amount of water over time. In short, Porta Potties offer several advantages over traditional outhouses.
- Prevents the spread of contaminants on job sites. By using Porta Potties, job site managers can ensure that workers have a clean and safe place to use the restroom. This helps to create a more productive and efficient work environment.
- Protects the environment by preventing sewage from contaminating groundwater or surface water. This is important for preventing waterborne diseases and protecting the quality of our water resources.
Although the term “Porta Potty” is often associated with outdoor events and concerts, a Porta Potty is a must-have for any job site, and while they can be rented, it can sometimes be more cost-effective in the long run to just buy one.
If you’re looking for a way to rent a Porta Potty, we’ve provided some helpful resources. We also discussed the cost of buying a Porta Potty for long-term use, along with some cleaning and maintenance tips.
Proper maintenance of your Porta Potty will ensure that it smells fresh and doesn’t become a breeding ground for bacteria. Make sure you know how to properly remove the Porta Potty when the job is done so you don’t cause any damage or leave an unsightly mess.
If you are in the field service industry, a Porta Potty might not be the only thing that can improve life for you and your staff. Here at Smart Service we offer software for an array of field service industries, from HVAC software to construction software. It can streamline everyday work processes like scheduling and dispatching, keeping your business more competitive in a fast growing industry. It will also allow you to manage your customers easier and more efficiently, which will lead to happier customers and better reviews! Try a free demo today and see for yourself the amazing benefits that it can provide.